SkyNRG is proud to join hands with KLM to develop an international market for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). The partnership resulted in an impressive track record and together we intend to fly even more frequently on sustainable aviation fuel. But above all, we hope that these flights will serve as a blueprint for new sustainable aviation fuel routes to be opened up.
Bio to Rio! First transatlantic SAF flight and launch of the KLM Corporate Biofuel ProgrammeLearn More
Launch of the first permanent weekly SAF flight between JFK and SchipholLearn More
The launch of a new series of twenty SAF flights between Amsterdam and Aruba and BonaireLearn More
80 SAF flights between Oslo and Amsterdam, and daily flights from Los Angeles to AmsterdamLearn More
KLM is convinced that the use of sustainable biofuels is the key to a more sustainable future for air transport. It is presently the most effective way to reduce the impact on the environment in the aviation industry. KLM is therefore structurally investing in the development of sustainable aviation fuel.
Pioneering is at the heart of KLM and as a result, the airline has set several very important steps to make aviation more sustainable. KLM was SkyNRG’s launching customer on 23 November 2009 when the airline operated the world’s first demonstration flight with passengers on board using sustainable aviation fuel.
SkyNRG and KLM realize that a breakthrough in the market for sustainable aviation fuel can only be achieved by combining essential expertise and experience in the fields of regulation, effective sustainability criteria, product knowledge and air transport. That is why the airline decided to join forces within the KLM Corporate BioFuel Programme that enables their corporate clients to fly partly on sustainable aviation fuel.
In the framework of the renewed partnership with WWF The Netherlands, KLM has declared its intention to strive for the use of at least a 1% mix of sustainable aviation fuel. With these flights, powered by SkyNRG’s sustainable aviation fuel, KLM and her Corporate Clients are actively helping to accelerate this market and create a tipping point to make sustainable jet fuel affordable.
How does it work?
Participants in the programme pay a premium amount; the price difference between sustainable aviation fuel and conventional fossil kerosene. The investment is used to purchase sustainable aviation fuel, the support of the participating corporations also helps to make this sustainable fuel available on a large scale and for it to be economically competitive compared to fossil jet fuel.
years of biofuel partnerships
countries landed on biofuel
flying on biofuel
- Peter OosterveerCEO Arcadis NVSustainability is one of Arcadis’ core values.
- Michiel van DorstCEO Air Traffic Control the NetherlandsLVNL is delighted to be able to contribute to the sustainable development of the aviation sector.
- Ministry of Infrastructure & Water ManagementMinistry of Infrastructure & Water Management
- Tim van der HagenPresident of the Executive Board TU DelftBy joining the Corporate BioFuel Programme, the Delft University of Technology wishes to emphasise the importance of sustainable civil aviation.
- Gerrit ZalmChairman of the Managing Board of ABN AMROWe are pleased to join KLM’s sustainability initiative. By partnering with KLM and SkyNRG we can help ensure that CO2 emissions are minimised.
- Willem JarigsmaManaging Partner Loyens & LoeffLoyens & Loeff takes its social responsibility seriously.
- Jos NijhuisCEO Schiphol GroupWe at Schiphol have long recognized our responsibility to minimize our environmental footprint.
- Paul LovenCFO PGGMPGGM is naturally concerned with the long-term and thinks you should invest in a valuable future.
- Dirk-Jan KoopsManaging Director airline industryWe believe that, at least the near future, biofuels will be the key alternative and the key option to go for.
Get in touch
1011 VL Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 470 70 20