SkyNRG is proud to join hands with KLM to develop an international market for sustainable jet fuel. The partnership resulted in an impressive track record and together we intend to fly even more frequently on sustainable jet fuel. But above all we hope that these flights will serve as a blue print for new sustainable jet fuel routes to be opened up.
Bio to Rio! First transatlantic biofuel flight and launch of the KLM Corporate Biofuel ProgrammeLearn More
Launch of the first permanent weekly biofuel flight between JFK and SchipholLearn More
The launch of a new series of twenty flights between Amsterdam and Aruba and BonaireLearn More
80 biofuel flights between Oslo and Amsterdam, and daily flights from Los Angeles to AmsterdamLearn More
KLM is convinced that the use of sustainable biofuels is the key to a more sustainable future for air transport. It is presently the most effective way to reduce impact on the environment in the aviation industry. KLM is therefore structurally investing in the development of sustainable biofuel.
Pioneering is at the heart of KLM and as a result the airline has set several very important steps to make aviation more sustainable. KLM was SkyNRG’s launching customer on 23 November 2009 when the airline operated the world’s first demonstration flight with passengers on board using sustainable jet fuel.
SkyNRG and KLM realize that a breakthrough in the market for sustainable jet fuel, can only be achieved by combining essential expertise and experience in the fields of regulation, effective sustainability criteria, product knowledge and air transport. That is why the airline decided to join forces within the KLM Corporate BioFuel Programme that enables their corporate clients to fly on sustainable jet fuel for a chosen percentage.
In the framework of the renewed partnership with WWF The Netherlands, KLM has declared its intention to strive for a 1% mix of sustainable jet fuel throughout the entire fleet by 2015. With these flights, powered by SkyNRG’s sustainable jet fuel, KLM and her Corporate Clients are actively helping to accelerate this market and create a tipping point to make sustainable jet fuel affordable.
How does it work?
Participants in the programme pay a premium amount; the price difference between biofuel and traditional kerosene. The investment is used to purchase biofuel, which is added to the fuel system at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The support of the participating corporations helps to make this sustainable fuel available on a large scale and for it to be economically competitive compared to fossil jet fuel.
flying on biofuel
- Gerrit ZalmChairman of the Managing Board of ABN AMROWe are pleased to join KLM’s sustainability initiative. By partnering with KLM and SkyNRG we can help ensure that CO2 emissions are minimised.
- Frank van OoijenDirector Communication and SustainabilityFrom now on, our employees will fly to Singapore and China on a climate-neutral basis. Climate change is something that affects us all.
- Pieter HendrikseCEO CBRE Global Investors EMEAWe believe that making progress with sustainability is a shared responsibility for market leaders.
- Jan-Willem VosmeerCSR Manager HeinekenWe realize that you need to create a tipping point to make sustainable jet fuel more affordable
- Willem JarigsmaManaging Partner Loyens & LoeffLoyens & Loeff takes its social responsibility seriously.
- Jos NijhuisCEO Schiphol GroupWe at Schiphol have long recognized our responsibility to minimize our environmental footprint.
- Angelica Ortiz de HaasManager Sustainability Development FMOBy 2020, FMO’s goal is to be the leading impact investor by doubling our impact and halving our footprint.
- Paul LovenCFO PGGMPGGM is naturally concerned with the long-term and thinks you should invest in a valuable future.
- Dirk-Jan KoopsManaging Director airline industryWe believe that, at least the near future, biofuels will be the key alternative and the key option to go for.
Get in touch
1011 VL Amsterdam
+31 (0) 20 470 70 20