Why airports choose sustainable aviation fuel
Much of the development for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) to date has been driven by airlines. Although this has proven to be an effective way to get SAF on the radar of governments and other stakeholders, this market is not mature enough yet for airlines to use it on large scale. High price premiums for SAF are the most important factor that limited the uptake of SAF to date and the highly competitive nature of the airline industry makes that airlines cannot afford to pay more for fuel on a structural basis.
Benefits for airports
The use of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) can offer an airport many benefits:
- Reduce your company’s business travel footprint with up to 80%, compared to fossil jet fuel
- Flying on SAF connects your company to a community of frontrunners in the field of sustainability.
- The SAF-industry is innovative and exciting and SAF flights attract a lot of positive marketing & exposure worldwide
- By flying on SAF, you support new technologies and supply chains for SAF that help to develop this market.
Besides supplying numerous SAF flights on various blends, we also have many partnerships in place with airports and airlines all over the world to co-fund the premium and develop regional SAF supply-chains. To learn more about our product, please visit the page where we explain the rationale for SAF or our FAQ-page. If you want to find out how SAF can benefit your airport and how we can work together to make the aviation industry more sustainable, please contact us at email@example.com.
SkyNRG offers a one-stop-shop service:
- We take care of all operational aspects: we source the SAF & fossil jet fuel, we take care of the blending and certification of the fuel and offer flexibility in supply location.
- Competitive priced SAF: we offer drop-in SAF at the most competitive price.
- We help to co-fund the premium: we help to make SAF affordable by effective co-funding combined with unique marketing. Examples are the KLM Corporate BioFuel Programme, the Fly Green Fund, government incentives & airport support.
- Guaranteed sustainability: SkyNRG has its operations RSB certified and is structurally advised by an independent Sustainability Board.
Relevant press releases
SkyNRG, Fly Green Fund and Swedavia enable sustainable aviation fuel flights from Stockholm Arlanda Airport
New partnership with Carbon War Room and SkyNRG makes Seattle-Tacoma International Airport the world’s first airport to proactively explore long-term financing for sustainable aviation fuels
SkyNRG, Avinor and Air BP make first volumes of sustainable jet fuel a reality for Lufthansa, KLM and SAS at Oslo Gardermoen Airport