For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a full-time Business Development (BD) Analyst to support our Sourcing & Trading team in scaling and diversifying our access to Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) to build up a strong position in the SAF market. SkyNRG is a scale-up that works at the forefront of decarbonizing the aviation sector and has developed into a global leader on SAF, active in countless innovative projects aimed at growing the SAF sector. Scaling a new industry can only be done by working collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders—airlines, airports, technology developers, producers, suppliers, governments, NGOs, and academics. Start-date: asap.
Since 2009, SkyNRG has been building up SAF capacity and production for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated SAF production facilities to support the transition from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. SkyNRG does not compromise when it comes to sustainability; we are a globally recognized Certified B Corp™, our operations are certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), and we are advised by an independent Sustainability Board, as well as a worldwide NGO network to ensure we make the right sustainability decisions across all of our operations.
The Sourcing & Trading team is responsible for securing SAF by initiating new sourcing opportunities, structuring partnerships with SAF suppliers and arranging long-term offtakes with SAF customers. Through partnerships, we strive to make the aviation industry more sustainable. The team works in close collaboration with other SkyNRG teams to ensure sustainability, commercial viability and to stay on top of market developments.
We are excited to be adding a Business Development (BD) Analyst, who will be taking on both a business development support and an analytical role. Your responsibilities:
- Monitoring and analyzing market developments – including supply, demand, pricing, and peer developments – to inform our Sourcing business development strategy
- Performing market intelligence and keeping track of global SAF production developments and keeping an overview
- Support the Sourcing BD manager(s) in identifying and initiating new sourcing opportunities and managing key SAF sourcing accounts
- Developing and maintaining pitch materials for both SAF suppliers and customers
- Ensuring alignment with internal teams regarding sustainability, sales, supply chain and operations
- Providing solid operational BD coordination, administration, and pipeline management (incl. CRM)
- Providing support in structuring sourcing & trading contracts and financial analyses
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our processes
As a growing company in a rapidly developing industry, we are looking for someone that likes to play an active role in expanding our business and is not afraid of change. The ideal candidate for this role:
- Is highly motivated and excited about building our business across the world and a more sustainable aviation industry
- Has great interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Has strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Is naturally curious and thrives on complex challenges
- Has the ability to work well with various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Has a Master’s degree in a related field, e.g. economics, finance, engineering
- Has 1-3 years of work experience in market analysis, business development and/or project management
- Has the ambition to grow further into a senior commercial/BD role
- Is fluent in English (written and verbal) and preferably Dutch as well
- Is comfortable to work in MS Office applications (eg. Powerpoint, Excel)
- Is committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- Is based in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you and see if you are a good fit.
What we offer
- A unique working experience in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry
- A full-time job in the city centre of Amsterdam with a competitive salary
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
- Access to our electric company boat, free lunches, gym, ping pong table and Friday drinks – all part of the deal!
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 22nd. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.