For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to support the further growth and professionalization of the company. SkyNRG is a scale-up that works at the forefront of the energy transition and is a global leader in sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). SkyNRG is active in many innovative projects aimed at growing the SAF sector. Scaling a new industry can only be done by working collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders—airlines, airports, technology developers, producers, suppliers, governments, NGOs, and academics.
- Start-date: Spring/Summer 2023
- Location: from our offices in Amsterdam with the possibility to partly work remote
Since 2009, SkyNRG has been building up SAF capacity and production for the aviation industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated SAF production facilities to support the transition from fossil jet fuel to SAF. SkyNRG does not compromise when it comes to sustainability; we are a globally recognized Certified B Corp™, our operations are certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), and we are advised by an independent Sustainability Board, as well as a worldwide NGO network to ensure we make the right sustainability decisions across all of our operations.
As Legal Counsel you will be part of SkyNRG’s Legal Team that currently consists of our General Counsel and a Project Counsel. The Legal Team is responsible for all Governance, Contracting, Compliance and Risk aspects of SkyNRG’s activities. We work in close collaboration with SkyNRG’s management, our Business Units and SAF capacity development projects to grow the SAF market. Given the breadth of SkyNRG’s activities, the Legal Team manages a wide range of topics on a day-to-day basis. The Legal Counsel will therefore have a broad role that will include both commercial contracting as well as legal operations. You will be reporting to our General Counsel.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating international commercial contracts including SAF sourcing & sales, consultancy, confidentiality, technology, engineering and more
- Managing our risk, compliance and legal operations (including contract management, KYC and ESG)
- Providing guidance to our Business Units and Project teams on topics such as contracting, compliance, policy and risk mitigation
As a growing company in a rapidly developing industry, we are looking for someone that likes to play an active role in growing and supporting our business. The ideal candidate for this role:
- Legal Counsel with due understanding of international commercial contracts
- Conscientious, diligent, and interested to manage legal/compliance operations on a day-to-day basis
- Experience in the energy sector is preferred, but not a strict requirement
- Is committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- We explicitly welcome applications from people with diverse background, interests, and experience, so please feel free to reach out (also if you may not tick all the boxes above)
- You are based in the Netherlands or willing to move and in possession of a valid work permit.
What we offer
- A unique working experience in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry
- A dynamic job in the city centre of Amsterdam with a competitive salary
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
- The possibility to work remote for part of the week
- Access to our electric company boat, free lunches, gym, ping pong table and Friday drinks – all part of the deal!
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8 April 2023. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.