For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a People & Culture Lead to join us in our mission to build up Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) capacity for aviation to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. As People & Culture Lead you will lead our People & Culture team, and you will play a pivotal role in shaping our future and creating a work atmosphere that is vibrant and productive.
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
Learn more at www.skynrg.com.
About the role
SkyNRG is taking a transformational step in growth and professionalisation. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a best-in-class People & Culture strategy and team, providing the right policies and tools for our people to develop themselves, to feel appreciated and to be equipped to deliver on SkyNRG’s growth strategy of becoming a sustainable aviation fuel major. As well as being hands on with day-to-day People & Culture operations and listening to the needs of people, you will act as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Leadership Team. You will collaborate with our People & Culture Assistant, Intern, and Recruitment Lead. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Lead the People & Culture function.
- Develop and execute People strategies and initiatives that align with our overall business strategy.
- Implement effective compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain top talent.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that promotes high performance and individual growth.
- Ensure a seamless onboarding and offboarding experience for our team members.
- Champion the engagement and motivation of our employees, positioning them for success in their roles. Use key metrics to monitor and enhance employee satisfaction, creating an environment where team members can thrive.
- Drive organizational development and change initiatives to adapt to our evolving needs when necessary.
- Develop and implement effective succession planning strategies.
- Establish and maintain constructive relations with our works council.
- Ensure adherence to HR laws and legislation, promoting a culture of compliance.
- Drive the design and implementation of learning and development programs to enhance skills and knowledge across the organization.
- Promote diversity and inclusion initiatives, fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Develop and oversee programs that support the health and well-being of our employees.
Together with an interim HR professional we have worked on building the basic People & Culture structure plus team and have set a strategy for 2023. Some topics are already integrated including a widely supported Performance Management cycle, a clear internal and external recruitment process, working with an HR-data-system, building the culture together with leadership etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively partnering with the Leadership Team and the broader organization in a people-focused capacity, preferably in an international scale-up. Experience in guiding a team on a transformative journey is considered beneficial.
- Degree in HR, business or related field.
- Solid knowledge of Dutch HR laws and regulations is required, and familiarity with HR laws in other EU countries and the US is considered advantageous.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to flourish in an organisation that is undergoing change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR strategies that align with business goals.
- A commitment to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Based and eligible to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience in a rapidly scaling-up company at the forefront of sustainable aviation
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry
- A job in the city centre of Amsterdam with a competitive salary
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team
- Work where it feels best for you: we offer flexible (hybrid in-office/remote) working arrangements
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Generous employer pension contribution
- Paid Volunteering Day
- Up to two additional vacation days for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays
- Access to our electric company boat, (commuting travel reimbursement), free organic lunches, a gym in the office and social activities – all part of the deal!
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services