For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Policy & Sustainability Manager. SkyNRG is a scale-up that works at the forefront of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). SkyNRG has developed into a global leader on SAF, active in countless innovative projects aimed at growing the SAF sector. Scaling a new industry can only be done by working collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders—airlines, airports, technology developers, producers, suppliers, governments, NGOs, and academics. As Policy & Sustainability Manager you will be responsible for building and sharing SkyNRG’s policy and sustainable agenda to ensure the scale up of our sector in the most responsible way through close interaction with our partners. Indicative start is 01/10/2022.
Since 2009, SkyNRG has been building up SAF capacity and production for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated SAF production facilities to support the transition from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. SkyNRG does not compromise when it comes to sustainability; we are a globally recognized Certified B Corp™, our operations are certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), and we are advised by an independent Sustainability Board, as well as a worldwide NGO network to ensure we make the right sustainability decisions across all of our operations.
The SkyNRG Policy & Sustainability team is responsible for safeguarding the sustainability of SkyNRG’s SAF and managing corporate sustainability policy. To this end, the team informs and seeks the advice of our Sustainability Board to ensure our SAF meets environmental and social criteria. The team works closely with our partner NGOs on developments in the sector and interacts with government stakeholders and industry partners to advance policies that incentivize the production and use of SAF. As Policy & Sustainability Stakeholder Manager, you will:
- Actively participate in and lead engagement on behalf of SkyNRG in (inter)national policy and sustainability platforms
- Support the overall activities of the Policy & Sustainability team
- Support the development of SkyNRG’s policy agenda
- Manage engagement with our diverse stakeholder network, including SkyNRG’s Sustainability Board
- Monitor the latest policy & sustainability developments within the SAF sector
- Act as a key policy & sustainability expert for our customers and partners
- Work with other teams at SkyNRG to support cross-cutting sustainability and policy priorities
- Prepare documents, briefings, communications materials, and other work products for internal and external audiences
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- University of applied sciences (HBO) or academic university (WO) Master’s degree
- Preferably a background in policy, natural sciences, economics, or sustainability related studies
- 3-5 years of working experience, in the field of sustainability, renewables, environment, policy, or related fields
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and policy
- Experience processing complex and or analytical information into simple, digestible formats to share with broader audiences
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
- Experience in managing diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time and projects
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Proactive, curious, collaborative, and independent yet thrives in a team environment
- Commitment to SkyNRG’s mission and values
- Commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
What we offer
- A unique working experience in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry
- A fulltime job in the city center of Amsterdam with a competitive salary
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team
- Access to our electric company boat, free lunches, gym, ping pong table and Friday drinks – all part of the deal!
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to email@example.com before 24/08/2022. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit https://skynrg.com/.