We are hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to join our DSL-01 project team to be responsible for the implementation of internationally recognized engineering practice (codes, standards, design methodology etc.) in the development of our DSL-01 Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) project, which is to be designed and constructed in Delfzijl, the Netherlands. In addition, the Engineering Manager will provide support and guidance to other SkyNRG development projects in order to help establish and embed corporate engineering practices and processes.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to very regularly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
You will be responsible for ensuring engineering designs are in accordance with recognized standards, codes, and specifications. The Engineering Manager will rely on the Project Management Contractor (PMC) to provide Discipline Engineering resources for monitoring and supporting the EPC Contractor engaged for the EXECUTE (EPC) Phase of the Project. As the Company focal point for engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that the EPC Contractors fulfil their technical obligations under the Contract agreements. You will report to the Project Director.
- Act as the DSL-01 focal point on all discipline engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation) issues relating to the Project.
- Ensure delivery of detailed engineering design meets the required standards, codes, and specifications.
- Manage the engineering interface with the PMC and ensure that the PMC role in respect of the EPC Contractors is effective and functional.
- Monitor and validate the technical and engineering progress to ensure compliance with the project schedule and key milestones.
- Represent DSL-01 in any engineering and technical discussions / decisions with respect to equipment manufacturers.
- On behalf of DSL-01, witness any inspections and/or testing requirements.
- Represent DSL-01 at engineering coordination meetings between PMC and EPC Contractors.
- On behalf of DSL-01, manage any engineering activities not included in the EPC Contractors scope of work.
- Provide support to the commissioning and start up planning activity.
- Manage the Information Management process between Company (including PMC) and EPC Contractors, including specification of engineering data to be transferred in readiness for commissioning, start up and permanent operation.
- Provide support to Operations Manager in establishing the engineering capability for permanent operation.
You are an experienced Engineering Management professional with a minimum of 10 years proven
process industry experience or refinery engineering experience, and a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or equivalent. You combine technical competence with strong leadership and decision-making capabilities. You have demonstrated team building capabilities, with specific experience working on one or more major process industry projects. In addition, you have experience working with PMC and EPC contractors under various forms of contract. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services