We are hiring an experienced HSEQ Manager to join our DSL-01 project team. In this role you will be responsible for building a culture of health and safety iin our company, and preparing the Corporate HSEQ Policy, Project Operational HSEQ plans and procedures for SkyNRG, and our DSL-01 Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) project in Delfzijl.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to regularly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
You will have a key role in laying the foundation for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality at SkyNRG, building a culture of health and safety throughout the entire company. Your responsibility includes the corporate HSEQ policy, together with associated standards and procedures. In addition, as a member of our DSL-01 project team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the HSEQ Management Plan and supporting procedures for our new production facility in Delfzijl, to ensure that health, safety and environmental policies, objectives and targets are effectively embedded in all work processes. For the DSL-01 Project, you will be supported by HSEQ professionals from both the Project Management Contractor (PMC) and EPC Contractors organisations. Initially, you will report to the DSL-01 Project Director and be responsible and accountable for managing the overall HSEQ performance of the DSL-01 Project in accordance with SkyNRG policies and procedures.
- Lead the development and roll-out of the Corporate HSEQ policy and standards.
- Prepare and implement the DSL-01 SAF Project HSEQ management plan in accordance with the Company HSEQ policy and standards.
- Support the DSL-01 Asset Manager (Plant Manager) and operational/commissioning organisations to ensure a safe and efficient start-up of the process units.
- Support Asset Manager with the design and build of a permanent HSEQ organisation for the on-going operational facilities.
- Oversee and ensure management/coordination of both technical and construction HSEQ performance across the Project, in accordance with agreed policies, targets and standards.
- Ensure that PMC and EPC Contractor HSEQ processes and procedures are complementary and enforced across the Project, including work done through subcontractors and/or 3rd party
- service companies.
- Monitor and ensure HSEQ compliance, acting as appropriate when non-conformance presents a threat to maintaining a safe work site for our employees and the environment.
- Ensure support and provide HSEQ advice on design, procurement, and constructability aspects of the Project.
- Actively promote a sustainable HSEQ culture within the workforce and across all areas of the Project and facilities.
- Monitor, validate and report HSEQ performance statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Ensure HSEQ input into Project level Design Assurance, Process Safety, Fire Systems and Environment & Sustainability functions.
- Represent DSL-01 on all HSEQ committees and forums.
- Coordinate HSEQ activities with PMC and EPC Contractors.
- Implementation of Project and Operational HSEQ training and induction programmes.
A true HSEQ leader, you genuinely care for a safe working environment. You have a minimum of 10 years of HSEQ management experience in manufacturing and process industry, specifically projects and operations. You demonstrate a high level of HSEQ knowledge and competency, combined with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or equivalent and a comprehensive understanding of global health, safety, and environmental regulations, standards, recommended best practices and regulations. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong team player, capable of performing effectively within a diverse, inclusive, equitable and multicultural environment on a global basis. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to email@example.com. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services