We are hiring an experienced Operations Coordinator, who will be responsible for providing operational support, through the EXECUTE phase and into safe and reliable operations, of our DSL-01 Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) project in Delfzijl, the Netherlands.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to very regularly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
You will ensure that operational, maintenance and inspection considerations required by DSL-01 are integrated into the engineering design to the end of FEED and undertaken by the EPC Contractors during EXECUTE. You will represent the future Asset Manager (Plant Manager) in Asset Readiness activities. You will support the Asset Manager and Process Integration Manager to establish pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up, sequencing on a system-by-system basis. Supporting test-run and handing over of the plant. You will manage site activities such as commissioning and start-up. Your role will eventually transition to the DSL-01 permanent operations organisation. Initially, you will report to the DSL-01 Project Director. Once the Asset Manager of the future production organization is in place, you will be reporting to the Asset Manager.
- Act as the company focal point for all operational issues associated with the Project.
- Act as the representative of the future asset organization in (initial) Asset Readiness Development.
- Work with PMC and EPC Contractors to ensure operational considerations, such as Flawless Start, are included in the design and carried through into construction.
- Participate in the review of P&IDs and control strategies to ensure safe operation of process plants.
- Contribute to reviewing and commenting on operating manuals and start-up procedures.
- Ensure verification of equipment and systems to be mechanically complete.
- Coordinate commissioning and start-up of equipment leading to a safe and stable operation of process plants.
- Ensure prevention of hazardous conditions for personnel and equipment.
- Assist the Process Engineer in the initiation of the performance test-run (guarantee test-run), based on contractual requirements.
- Ensure safe systems of work are developed for all site commissioning activities, including implementation of the “Permit to Work” system as required by the site conditions.
- Coordinate development of the commissioning strategy and systems definitions.
- Coordinate development of the commissioning programme, manage its implementation and ensure that adequate resources have been allocated.
- Review of the construction programme and systems completion dates and confirm their acceptability for commissioning, advising any deficiencies to the DSL-01 Operations/Asset Manager.
- Manage the activities of the commissioning team from hand over at Mechanical Completion through commissioning and start-up.
- Provide commissioning input during the testing, check-out, and punch listing phase of construction and when required, during start-up and initial operations phase.
- Provide operational input to support resolution of technical problems as they arise during engineering, construction, inspection, vendor visits, QA and the statutory authorities.
You are an experienced operational management professional with a minimum of 10 years `hands on’ experience working in the Chemicals, Oil and Gas industry. While a degree qualification is desirable, the operational role is more dependent on work experience and in particular the commissioning and start-up knowledge. Leadership, man management, team working, coaching and strong inter-personnel skills are a primary requirement for this role, which will involve working with and coordinating work activities from SkyNRG, PMC and EPC Contractor. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services