We are hiring an experienced Plant Manager to join our DSL-01 project team. With a thorough background in operations of a refinery or similar chemical plant, you will represent the owner/operator of the future asset in Delfzijl throughout the Define and Execute phases of the project and collaborate closely with our existing project development team and project execution (construction) team to develop the operational organization and procedures for DSL-01.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to increasingly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
Your focus will be on establishing all procedures and programs for the preparation and execution of ‘first-time-right’ commissioning and start-up of our DSL-01 production facility in Delfzijl. Guided by the Operations Readiness program, you will build the organization for the Operate phase. You have full responsibility for developing and implementing the Site/Asset Management System. Initially, you will report to the Project Director and in the execution phase your reporting will shift to the Managing Director of DSL-01.
Before Operational Phase:
- Act as the key representative of the owner to facilitate a successful transition into the Operate phase, considering asset and operations implications in project decisions.
- Provide leadership for seamless transition from Execute phase to Operational phase.
- Develop and execute the Operations Readiness Management plan, including assurance.
- Manage the Operations Readiness organization and budget.
- Formulate vision, strategies and philosophies for asset organisation readiness, start-up, commissioning and early operations (including maintenance), laying the foundation for detailed operational procedures and documents.
- Assume full responsibility for defining operational procedures for the Operate phase.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the DSL-01 Asset Management System.
- Build the organization to execute the Operations Readiness plan and to operate the Asset post-commissioning and startup, including competence development.
- Manage the execution of commissioning and start-up.
During Operational Phase:
- Take responsibility for achieving the operational targets in safety, SAF production, plant
- availability, training, etc.
- Set direction and establish a performance culture for the site.
- Own the Plant (Asset) Management System, including monitoring, continuous improvement
- and establishing a learning organization.
- Establish Controls for the Site.
- Actively participate in Global (Corporate) realization of SkyNRG’s ambitions as representative of one of the first production sites within SkyNRG.
You have a minimum of 10 years of operational experience in the (petro)chemical industry in a production/business management role, with a proven track record in greenfield projects being a plus. An industry-recognized professional qualification, coupled with demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, is essential. You should embody a ‘hands-on’ mentality, actively contributing to the growth and expansion of our business in a rapidly developing industry. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services