We are hiring an experienced Project Engineer to provide project management and coordination support to our DSL-01 Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) project, which is to be designed and constructed in Delfzijl, The Netherlands. You will ensure the coordination of project management related activities through the remaining phases of the Project covering the finalization of the DEFINE phase (i.e. FEED), into the EXECUTE phase (i.e. EPC), through commissioning and start-up and into stable operation. Activities include managing the interfaces and deliverables involving the DSL-01 Owners Team, PMC, EPC contractors, Licensor and other 3rd party companies, required to execute the Project. During commissioning and start up you ensure provision of project engineering and management support to the Owner’s Operations organisation.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to very regularly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
You are responsible for providing engineering, management, and coordination support to the project through all implementation phases and will provide SkyNRG with project engineering and management advice on similar investment opportunities. During the remainder of DEFINE (FEED) you will be directly involved in the preparation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and associated documentation, which sets out the decisions and activities as to how the project will be successfully executed. In addition, you provide project management support during the Technical Due Diligence programme and negotiation of the main PMC & EPC contracts in readiness for an investment decision in Q2 2024. Following the transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase you will provide project engineering and management support to ensure the coordination of interfaces between PMC, EPC Contractors, Licensors, and other 3rd party companies required to successfully execute the Project. After the EXECUTE phase, your role will transition into the organization that operates the assets, presumably as a reliability engineer. Initially, you will report to the DSL-01 Project Director.
- Provide project engineering and management support to the Project Director (PD) and DS-01 project organisation.
- Ensure compliance with technical specifications, codes, and standards.
- Monitor PMC, EPC or EPCM contractor performance and compliance with contract terms and conditions, advising the Project Director of any deviations and recommendations for corrective action.
- Provide project engineering management and support during detailed engineering, procurement and construction.
- Support the Owner’s Operations Team to ensure that operational considerations are taken into account both during the remainder of DEFINE (FEED), detailed engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Ensure that technical and non-technical interfaces with SkyNRG Owners team (DSL-01), PMC,
- Ensure EPC or EPCM Contractor, licensors, and other 3rd party support is effectively coordinated, taking action to rectify where there is non-compliance or issues.
- Act as the Company Risk Coordinator, representing DSL-01 at Risk assessments and meetings with PMC and EPC Contractor.
- Monitor progress and performance across engineering, procurement, and construction to validate milestone payments and invoicing.
- Actively promote a strong HSSE culture and safe work site.
- Support the Project Controls functions and validation of milestones achieved.
- Provide technical and project engineering input into the management of change.
- Ensure that technical and non-technical clarifications and questions raised by EPC Contractors are followed up through the PMC in accordance with agreed schedule requirements.
- Ensure PMC services are ‘fit for purpose’ and meeting performance level requirement of the schedule and work programmes.
You are an experienced Project Engineering professional, with a minimum of 10 years of project management experience in the manufacturing and process industry. You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline from a recognised University or Institute of Technology and preferably a membership of a professional institute in engineering and/or project management. You have effective interpersonal skills, are pro-active, outspoken and a strong team player, capable of performing effectively within a diverse, inclusive, equitable and multicultural environment. You have a strong focus on results and can perform effectively with a minimum of supervision. You have experience of working through all phases of project development and execution both in the project office (Owner and Contractor) and at a construction site. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services