We are hiring an experienced Senior Process Engineer to support various Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) production capacity development projects, specifically targeting SELECT (FEL-2) and DEFINE (FEL-3) phases. Additionally, the Senior Process Engineer supports other SkyNRG departments, such as Future Fuels, and running SAF production plants e.g. in case advanced trouble shooting is required.
• Start-date: asap
• Full time basis
• Office: Amsterdam (with flexibility to very regularly travel to and work in Delfzijl)
SkyNRG is a global leader in Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Since 2010, the company has been scaling up SAF demand and production capacity for the industry to meet its 2050 net zero commitment. To date, SkyNRG has supplied SAF to over 40 airlines across the world and is now developing dedicated production facilities to support the shift from fossil jet fuel to sustainable aviation fuel. As a certified B Corp™ SkyNRG prioritizes producing the most responsible and sustainable SAF worldwide. Recognized as a sustainability leader, it maintains an independent Sustainability Board, which advises the company on feedstocks and provides strategic guidance on wide-ranging sustainability issues. SkyNRG’s operations are certified by RSB and CORSIA.
As part of our exciting journey, we are now developing dedicated SAF production facilities, including ‘DSL-01’ located in Delfzijl in The Netherlands. DSL-01 is currently approaching the end of DEFINE (FEED) prior to the Investor’s Technical Due Diligence programme in readiness for Final Investment Decision (scheduled for H2-2024), whereafter the project will transition to the EXECUTE (EPC) phase.
About the role
You will support in reviewing engineering design documents, participate in Hazard Identification (HAZID) & Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) meetings, project interface support, support and advise the project team in Technology and Techonology Readiness Level (TRL) assessment, contributing to plot plan development, risk and assurance reviews, Operations & Maintenance Strategy, the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and associated documentation. You will also assist in training junior Process Engineers and will advise the overall SkyNRG organization in project engineering, project execution and operation strategy. You will report to the Head of Technology.
- Support and advise on strategic project considerations/decisions, including technology selection, capacity selection, plant location selection, control philosophies start-up and shutdown philosophies, operations & maintenance philosophies.
- Support and advise on the preparation or review of various engineering deliverables such as plant layout, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), process datasheets, equipment specifications, cause & effect diagrams, process simulations or design calculations, review technology licensors basic design engineering packages (BDEP/PDP), process optimization, pinch studies, sizing & selection of equipment, etc.
- Advise on feedstock & product specifications.
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and other safety related studies.
- Advice on project schedules and timelines.
- Support in preparing RFI’s and RFQ’s and support in Bids Review.
- Ensuring compliance with (most recent) technical specifications, codes, and standards.
- Support the Owner’s Operations Team to ensure that operational considerations are considered both during the SELECT & DEFINE phases.
- Support the Company Risk Coordinator and participate in risk assessments and meetings with PMC and EPC Contractor.
- Actively promote a strong HSSE culture and safe work site.
- Provide technical and project engineering input into the management of change.
You are an experienced process engineering professional, with a minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience within the manufacturing and process industry or within an engineering (EPC) company, preferably both. You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering. You have effective interpersonal skills, are pro-active, outspoken and a strong team player, capable of performing effectively within a diverse, inclusive, equitable and multicultural environment. You have a strong focus on results and can perform effectively with a minimum of supervision. You have experience of working through all phases of project development and execution both in the project office (Owner and Contractor) and at a construction site. Fluent in English (written and verbal), Dutch is a plus. You are eligibile to work in the Netherlands.
* If you want to contribute to our mission of building a net zero aviation industry, and the role description excites you, but you are not sure if you meet all criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
What we offer
- A unique working experience, allowing you to have an impact in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation.
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary.
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, committed, and talented team.
- Dedicated budget for professional development.
- Compensation (with vacation days) for choosing sustainable travel options for your holidays.
Is this you?
Then please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes or Intermediary services