SkyNRG GHG Impact Manager
For our headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a GHG Impact Manager. SkyNRG is a scale-up that works at the forefront of sustainable aviation fuel. A true pioneer in its field and in the last 10 years grown to one of the global leaders in this developing market. Scaling a new industry can only be done by working collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders: airlines, airports, technology developers, producers, suppliers, governments, NGOs and academics. As GHG Impact Manager you will be representing SkyNRG in our international coalition meetings, ensure that workable and harmonized international GHG accounting methodologies are adopted into corporate accounting initiatives, ensure alignment with existing policies and execute these methodologies accordingly for SkyNRG’s own projects.
Indicative start: 1st of August, 2021.
SkyNRG is a pioneer and global leader in sustainable aviation fuel with the industry’s biggest dedicated sustainable aviation fuel team. We aim to replace fossil kerosene with SAFs, driven by sustainable practices throughout the supply chain. Always following a technology-agnostic approach focus on analyzing, developing, and executing SAF production projects by creating investment-grade business cases. -e.g., our own dedicated SAF production plant, DSL-01.
We source, produce, blend, and distribute SAF. We guarantee sustainability throughout the supply chain, and develop customer programs -e.g., the Board Now program, to help co-fund the price gap over conventional jet fuel. Simultaneously, these programs offer organizations a practical solution to curtail carbon emissions from their business air travel or air cargo.
To ensure we make the right decisions regarding the sustainability of our operations, projects, and products, SkyNRG is structurally advised by an independent Sustainability Board, including WWF International, the European Climate Foundation, Solidaridad Network, and the University of Groningen representatives. SkyNRG’s operations are also certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), the highest possible certification standard for sustainability.
About the team
The SkyNRG Policy & Sustainability team is responsible for safeguarding the sustainability of our SAF, informing and seeking advice of our Sustainability Board, ensuring the environmental and social benefits of our products, interacting with our partner NGOs on crucial developments in this field and for interacting with governmental stakeholders and industry partners on voluntary climate initiatives and the legislative framework for the SAF industry.
As GHG Impact Manager you are SkyNRG’s expert for carbon accounting and reporting, both internally and externally in partner and coalition conversations. The SAF industry is at a crucial point for global adoption of SAF by airlines and corporate end-users of aviation activities (i.e. business travel and air freight) and important choices need to be made about GHG accounting methodologies. The GHG Impact Manager will be involved in – and set SkyNRG’s strategy for – external developments around carbon accounting and reporting, and will have responsibility for internal alignment on methodologies. Your priorities will be:
- Carbon accounting and reporting methodology development:
- Support the development of new GHG accounting methodologies and ensure these are integrated into relevant policy and accounting initiatives, e.g. for the development of “SAF credits”.
- Integrate and align the knowledge gained in these stakeholder groups with SkyNRG’s internal thinking on GHG accounting and reporting strategies.
- Obtain or have a good understanding of corporate reporting and auditing needs and make sure proposed methodologies align.
- Stakeholder management:
- Represent SkyNRG in international coalition meetings focused on GHG accounting and reporting questions, such as the WEF Clean Skies for Tomorrow initiative and the Council on Sustainable Aviation Fuels Accountability.
- Monitor international developments about SAF GHG emissions and inform internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Internal alignment and reporting
- Provide expert knowledge and advice to other teams about SAF GHG calculations, and make sure methodologies are applied and updated consistently.
- Responsible for correct GHG reporting and the continuous development of these reports.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- University of applied sciences (HBO) or academic university (WO) degree
- Preferably a background in sustainability, energy, or accounting and reporting related studies
- At least 3-5 years of work experience
- Technical understanding of LCA methodologies, GHG accounting and reporting, and international standards and tools such as GHG Protocol, SBTi, CDP.
- Stakeholder management experience
- Organized, conscientious, pro-active, assertive, independent and curious
- Is happy to translate stakeholder discussions and complex material into elaborate and solid documents, fit for distribution
- Affinity with sustainability and policy
- Strong communication skills, in writing and verbally
- Fluent in English, in writing and verbally
- Likes to work in a scale-up environment
What we offer
- A unique working experience in a scale-up at the forefront of sustainable aviation
- An inspiring international work environment in a fast growing and innovative industry
- A fulltime job in the city center of Amsterdam with a competitive salary
- A great opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary, young, dynamic and talented team
- Access to our electric company boat (the Boat Now), free lunches, gym, ping pong and Friday drinks – all part of the deal!
Is this you?
Then please fill in the form below or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/06/2021. Questions? Feel free to contact us!
For more information visit www.skynrg.com.